Thursday 1 May 2014

April Favourites

 
 April has came to an end so I thought I'd show you all what I've been loving throughout last month. A couple of these items were included within my 'Current Favourites' post at the beginning of April but I just had to include them in this one as all of these products have been used A LOT in the past month. Enjoy! 

1. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray. I bought this a while ago as I am completely in love with the messy 'beachy' look, especially with blonde hair. I am a huuuuge lover of Bumble and Bumble's products so I just couldn't resist trying this. The result of this gives a lovely 'just stepped off the beach' look. You can use this product on damp or dry hair. I have tried both and would suggest using a little amount of this whilst your hair is damp and a spray or two once dried to help with styling. 

2. Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray. I received this mini thickening hairspray in an issue of Elle a few months back and it was one of those products that just got lost within my collection of hair products. I rediscovered this at the beginning of April and as you can see from the photo, half of the bottle has gone already! I find that spraying this in my roots whilst damp gives my hair more volume and texture, as I have thin hair this is an absolute lifesaver!

3. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. I recently repurchased this (for the fourth time) and I still get overly excited whilst using a new one. This is by far my favourite makeup item, skin wise. I genuinely don't ever think I will stop loving this product. It gives my skin such a lovely glow and is great for both summer and winter. 



4. St Tropez Bronzing Lotion. I received this as a gift a while back from a family member and I have repurchased this multiple times. I usually exfoliate whilst in the bath and once out I moisturize my key areas such as my elbows, knees, neck and wherever you feel may crease. I then apply this product and I'm good to go! This product does give a 'biscuit' smell (if you're a false tanner then you know what I'm talking about!) but it doesn't seem to bother me too much, I quite like it! It looks lovely on and I've received quite a few compliments about how natural it looks! A winner in my eyes!

5. Parks Aromatherapy Candle. I have no shame when it comes to admitting my obsession with candles. I am well and truly a candle hoarder. I just think that they're so therapeutic and relaxing. I purchased this in the 'Cinnamon and Clove' scent. I am in love with it! It is possibly one of the best candles I've EVER purchased (oh yes, I went there). When lit it burns in an even layer which I find great as you never get that uneven surface once the candle hardens again. The smell is exactly the same once burnt, I find a lot of candles smell lovely but when you burn them the smell is completely different. I would completely recommend these candles to anyone!


 6. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick. This lipstick is probably the best quality one that I've ever tried! It is so pigmented therefore only requires one application. I believe that you only get what you pay for. Depending on where you purchase this lipstick, it is around £25 so is therefore up there in the higher price range but the quality makes it so worth it! I'm even looking at buying another one!

7. Mac Lipstick in Morange. I've been a lover of Morange foreverrrr! I first purchased this lipstick a few years back and I've been obsessed ever since. You will sure know which one it is when you visit the Mac counter. It is by far the brightest out of their lipsticks but I'm not really a subtle kinda girl. I love to pair this lipstick with bright orange nails. The only downside to this lipstick is that it dries my lips up after a while so I recommend a good lip balm beforehand!

8. Mother Natures Goodies Lavender Oil. Growing up I used to always have lavender oil in my bath and I absolutely loved it. Unintentionally, I just stopped using it and a few weeks back I rediscovered it. I am obsessed with it! I put a few drops in my bath and it helps to completely relax me. I also put a few drops on my pillows as this helps me to sleep and 'zone out' before bed.

So there you go, my April favourites. I hope you enjoyed this post! What have you been loving throughout April?

Jessica xx

No comments:

Post a Comment