Thursday 24 July 2014

SUNKISSED SUMMER TAG


Summer is by far my favourite season of all and when I saw Ingrid do the Sunkissed Summer Tag I just knew I had to do it also! I've used her questions opposed to the original ones as I like this set better. Enjoy!

1. What is your go-to product for a sun kissed summer glow?
St.Tropez bronzing lotion! It's such a lovely colour that works really well on my skin tone.

2. What book would you recommend for a summer read?
Miranda Kerr - Treasure Yourself. I absolutely love this book! It's basically all about appreciating yourself and your self worth. It's also filled with positive affirmations so is super good for a little pick-me-up when you need one. I would highly recommend this book to anyone!

3. What's your signature summer scent this year?
Dolce and Gabbana's 3 L'Imperatrice is my go-to this summer. It's such a fresh scent yet so sophisticated.

4. The sun is shining and it's time to get outside! What's your favorite thing to do?
I loooove riding my bike when it's sunny! I also love to go out for lunch and have cocktails whilst sitting outside in the sun, go shopping, take my dog on a walk around the park and have picnics.

5. You're on the boardwalk and your stomach is grumbling. What's your go-to summer beach food?
When it's sunny I love to eat citrus fruits such as lemons and limes for a snack. If it's a meal I'm after I'll be more than happy with a thin margarita pizza with parsley. Healthy, I know!

6. Sunscreen is always important, but it's a MUST in summer! What's your favorite?
I prefer sun creams over oils as I have quite greasy skin to start with and oil based sunscreen just doesn't sit well on my skin. I like the St.Tropez and Piz Buin sun creams. My skin never really burns and tans well so I use SPF 6, guilty, I know!

7. After a day in the summer sun and heat, what do you do to cool off?
If I've been out in the sun all day I love to have a shower to remove all of the sun cream and products that are on my skin. I then love lying down in the shade with the air con on and some Lipton peach iced tea.

8. How do you wear your hair in the summer?
I tend to just wash my hair and then tie it up whilst damp so when I wake up it's tousled and messy. I always alternate all day between a messy bun and having the top half of my hair in a small messy bun and the bottom half down as I like to have my hair off my face whilst its hot.

9. Must-have nail polish for summer 2014?
Essie's Fiji. I am 100% in love. It's such a lovely neutral creamy pink and looks so wonderful! 

10. Sometimes it just feels good to chill out and watch Netflix. What shows/movies do you recommend for summer?
I'm currently obsessed with Orange Is The New Black. Clueless will also forever be one of my favourites if you fancy a more girly film. It totally depends what mood I'm in.

11. Do you wear liquid foundation, BB cream, or tinted moisturizer in the summer?
I tend to wear liquid foundation but only a really thin layer as I don't like to feel as though I'm wearing any in the summer yet still want to have a little coverage.

12. It's super bright outside! Do you reach for sunglasses or a hat?
Both! I always sunglasses, even in the colder months. I just like them to wear either to keep my hair out of my face or the sun out of my eyes. I recently purchased a black floppy hat and I've been wearing it everywhere as I love it so much.

13. What is your summer jam this year?
I've recently discovered Lilly Ahlberg on YouTube and oh my goodness. Her voice is like a little piece of heaven and I can't stop listening to her covers! My favourite so far I think has to be her cover of Chocolate by The 1975.

14. Do you have a summer bucket list? If so, share some things on the list.
Before summer is over I reaaaally want to visit the aquarium, go for a picnic in the park, have a spontaneous weekend away and go to Alton Towers, which is a theme park a few hours away.

15. Bikini, tankini, or one piece?
I'm all for strapless bandeau bikini's this year! Minimal tan lines and all.

16. Summer means heat... and sweat! What's your favorite sweat proof product this year?
I've really loved the L'Oreal false lash telescopic waterproof mascara recently! It does such a great job of spreading your lashes out and giving length to them. It's such a nightmare to remove though but I suppose that's super great if you're wearing it whilst in water!

17. Summer wouldn't be complete without a scoop (or two) of ice cream! If you could create your own ice cream flavor, what would it be?
If I had to create my own flavour I think I'd choose either flying saucer or toasted marshmallow flavour! Oh, how I wish!
 
Jessica xx

No comments:

Post a Comment